The support forum is built with (1) a Q&A format for common trading queries received from wannabe and experienced traders, and (2) a standard forum for course video topics. How to Trade Price Action and How to Trade Forex Price Action videos are consolidated into common forums.
Use topic header to identify video number (and Main/Forex course as needed) you are referring to.
[Solved] The anatomy of a BO and FT
I love the new support forum format. Great work!
One of my favorite trade setups are BOs and over time I have accumulated a number of questions that I couldn't really find a clear answer to in the videos.
I have a couple of questions about BO + FT. (e.g. a bull BO)
1. Does a BO bar need to close above it's mid point?
2. Does a BO need to be a Trend bar (Body >= 50%)? If not, what is the minimum body size/percentage?
1. Is a PB bar with a bull close and a lower high than the BO bar a FT bar?
2. Is an Outside Up bar of the BO bar considered a FT bar?
3. Is a Doji bar, that closes above the BO bar's high a FT bar?
4. Is a Bull Body or Doji bar, that closes in the lower third and below the BO bar's high a FT bar?
5. Is an Inside bar a FT bar, as that often means it's a micro Double Top?
6. Is an Inside Doji bar a FT bar?
7. Is an Inside bar, with the same size as the BO bar, a FT bar?
8. What is the ideal FT bar for a shaved Open/Close BO bar (size/tails)?
1. Does there have to be a gap between the FT bar's low and the BO point?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and I sincerely hope that this may be helpful (=$$$) to other traders as well 🙂
@ludopuig thx for this response. very helpful. and you're right, there's so much in these videos. still difficult to watch them several times since the course is over 60 hours long! but it's great.