The support forum is built with (1) a Q&A format for common trading queries received from wannabe and experienced traders, and (2) a standard forum for course video topics. How to Trade Price Action and How to Trade Forex Price Action videos are consolidated into common forums.
Use topic header to identify video number (and Main/Forex course as needed) you are referring to.
How do you determine the minimum scalp for a stock?
If I'm trading an expensive stock such as Amazon, how do I determine the minimum scalp size?
I use the following reasoning for any instrument. If we assume our edge has a 60% probability of winning 1R and 40% of losing 1R, then after 10 trades, 6 winners and 4 losers, we net 2R (2 times the initial risk), thus the minimum scalp size must be so that the spread + commissions don't exceed 1/10 of an R or else we net less than 1R after 10 trades.
So in short, add your typical spread + commission and take that 10 times, that's the minimum scalp for me. Not sure if this is how Al defines it though.