The support forum is built with (1) a Q&A format for common trading queries received from wannabe and experienced traders, and (2) a standard forum for course video topics. How to Trade Price Action and How to Trade Forex Price Action videos are consolidated into common forums.
Use topic header to identify video number (and Main/Forex course as needed) you are referring to.
TradeStation Performance Info
I had some issues with the TradeStation SIM today. Long delays in order execution, incomplete processing of OSO orders, error messages stating to "close the trade manually", etc. I actually had to switch over to my phone to close a trade which has never happened before. Following is the step-by-step info I got from the representative when I called for support.
SUMMARY: How to clean the various caches that TS 10.0 establishes throughout your windows desktop application. The rep stated that moderate users could do this every 2-4 weeks to avoid some of the issues described above.
DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. I took notes during the call and re-tested this, but this might not work for everyone. I would suggest that you back up your data first. I actually did not, and had no loss of charts, workspaces or settings.
Special Note Regarding the SIM: I was told that the SIM execution can be negatively affected occasionally by users that trade high volume with 1000s of contracts (basically a few users doing unrealistic trades for typical retail). I was told that the live system is more robust and has better performance overall than the SIM.
CLEAR CACHE DETAILS:
1) Start with TS open and running - The first step is to manually stop all the TS related processes.
a) Go to "Task Manager" (Ctrl - Alt - Delete); navigate to "Details" tab. (If needed, click on "Name" to sort alphabetically.)
b) Scroll down to the processes beginning with "O" and right click "ORPlat.exe". When box opens, click "end process".
c) Repeat step "b" above with all remaining processes beginning with "OR" (maybe 3-4 others; not case sensitive)
d) Follow previous steps to end all "TradeStation" processes and all processes beginning with "TS" (maybe 3-4; not case sensitive)
e) Follow previous steps to end "WHServer" process
f) Scroll back up and re-check to make sure processes identified in steps b-e are ended and no longer on the list.
2) Use File Manager to navigate to your hard drive: OS (C) or similar
3) Navigate: OS (C) --> Program Files (x86) --> Common Files --> TradeStation Technologies --> TradeStation --> and delete "tsconfig"
4) Navigate: OS (C) --> Users --> (your name or your computer's name) --> AppData (if hidden, click "View" and then check box to show Hidden Items) --> Local --> TradeStation Technologies --> TradeStation --> 10.0 --> and delete the folder "TCache"
5) Navigate File Manager --> Documents --> TradeStation 10.0 --> CAL --> and delete the folder "Cache"
6) Restart TradeStation and click "Yes" when it asks to activate, and "Yes" on windows pop-up to install
7) Log in and select SIM for testing purposes. Click "OK" to use desktop and workspaces from your previous session... or you can modify accordingly now or later. Place and close a few trades. The caches are now clear and you should be good to go.