For optimum online video playback of Brooks Trading Course videos, here is a listing of the supported playback methods by device:
- Latest versions of:
- Android v4.4.4+ all support HTML5/HLS
Unfortunately, older versions of Android do not support HTML5/HLS playback method and we can not add support for older Android devices. Google dropped official support for Android 4.4 in October of 2017 so that version is no longer receiving security patches. We recommend using the latest version of Android available for your device.
IMPORTANT: All course videos are now served from an anti-piracy hosting system to block video downloads. Until further notice, Apple’s Safari browser is not supported. Use Firefox or Edge for best results. Chrome will also work Ok for most but not for a small number of devices. This follows evolving Internet video delivery standards to fight rampant piracy. Click following links for info:
Course videos hosting compatibility across devices & browsers
Troubleshooting course videos playback issues
If you have a playback issue
1. The first step in diagnosing a playback issue is to try a different internet connection or use a different device. This is the easiest way to tell if there is an issue with a particular connection, device, or a larger issue.
2. Ensure your device meets the requirements above for running online videos from the video hosting service platform.
3. Try a different browser.
4. Use a lower “Resolution” on player bar “Settings” if on slow Internet connection.
5. If your device meets needed requirements, please try restarting your device.
Sample video 12A Market Cycle (for testing)
Contact for video player problems
Be sure you give an email address above that is working so we can actually contact you.
Our platform uses a CDN for video delivery. The first time a video is requested in a region the file is delivered from the Origin server on the east coast of the US to your local edge server. Once the file is cached on the edge server, all viewers in your region will receive the file delivered from the edge server instead of going all the way back to the Origin. This will improve the playback experience for all viewers in your region once the file is cached.
The video player will automatically adjust the video quality based on your network speed. Below are the video playback bitrates for our hosting service. Your network must exceed the bitrates listed to playback the video at the corresponding quality.
These are the resolutions and bitrates for videos after being processed by our high quality video hosting service.
|Resolution||Video Bitrate||Audio Bitrate|
|480p||1,200 kbps||96 kbps|
|720p||2,500 kbps||128 kbps|
|1080p||5,000 kbps||192 kbps|